Dear Garden Member Applicant,
We’re glad you’re considering joining the garden community. Now is the time to send in your 2019 membership application form. Please send your application to Sharon Anduri at 3360 Kincheloe Ct., Lafayette, CA 94549. You will be placed on the waiting list in the order of the date your application is received. Please don’t include your dues until you are accepted. We are accepting membership applications through April 30, 2019.
As was the case the last three years, we have two levels of membership, associate members and working members. The fee for both categories is the same: $100/individual and $150/family. Working members (individuals or families) are asked to commit to work six hours a month and will receive a share of the harvest. Working members are also asked to make every effort to attend our 11:00AM second-Saturday membership meetings and engage in at least one team or committee. Associate members are welcome and encouraged to participate in all gardening, educational and social activities, but have no fixed work or team obligations. These members will be entitled to produce on days they work in the garden. We will limit ourselves to 80 members—50-60 working members/families, with the remaining to be associate members/families.
Some of the garden plans for 2019 season are to:
- continue to implement a crop rotation plan for B and C crops and develop our soil and compost
- propagate our garden plants at home and in the new greenhouse
- grow and harvest fruits and vegetables sustainably and share ways to cook our produce, including the use of our pizza oven
- learn about aspects of gardening not fully explored this year, using Contra Costa Master Gardeners as a resource
- offer an interesting variety of education classes and workshops for community and garden members of all ages, utilizing skills, interests and leadership of garden members when able
- continue to open the garden to the public during set times and to school and civic groups for tours by arrangement
- broaden our communication network within the larger community
- further develop the west end of the garden and nature trail
- continue to mindfully care for our chickens and support our local pollinators with plants and water
- continue to establish best practices which are shared with other gardens as requested
- create an enjoyable garden atmosphere through meaningful work, cooperative planning and potluck socials
- develop a family seating and play area
- construct a community “free seed exchange” area
- offer excess produce to Belle Terre Senior Housing
The official working year is from mid-March through October. We will kick off our 2019 season—our eighth one— on Saturday, March 16, 2018. We hope that all members can attend. If you have any questions between now and then, please contact Janet Thomas (925.946.0563 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Anduri (925.283.4018 or email@example.com).
We look forward to another satisfying, productive season at the garden.
Sharon Anduri, Janet Thomas, Georgia Banks, Kathy Bowles,
Susan Dannenfelser, Pamela Halloran, Kim Overaa and Diane Wilt
Your LCG membership committee members
Spread the word to others!