Dear Garden Member Applicant,
We’re glad you’re considering joining the garden community. Now is the time to send in your LCG MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION for 2017. Please send your application to Sharon Anduri at 3360 Kincheloe Ct., Lafayette, CA 94549. You will be placed on the waiting list in the order of the date your application is received. Please don’t include your dues until you are accepted. We will let you know the status of your application by March 6, 2017.
As was the case last year, we have two levels of membership, associate members and working members. The fee for both categories is the same: $100/individual and $150/family. Working members (individuals or families) are asked to commit to work six hours a month and will receive a share of the harvest. Working members are also asked to make every effort to attend our 11:00AM second-Saturday membership meetings and engage in at least one team or committee. Associate members are welcome and encouraged to participate in all gardening, educational and social activities, but have no fixed work or team obligations. These members will be entitled to produce on days they work in the garden. We will limit ourselves to 80 members—50-60 working members/families, with the remaining to be associate members/families.
Some of the garden plans for 2017 season are to:
- continue to implement a crop rotation plan and develop our soil and compost,
- propagate garden plants at home and in the new greenhouse,
- grow and harvest fruits and vegetables sustainably and share ways to cook our produce,
- offer an education program for all ages, open to the entire community, highlighting local experts,
- maintain and improve on our working relationship with the County’s Master Gardener program
- continue to open the garden and give tours to the public during set times and to school and civic groups by arrangement,
- offer excess produce to Belle Terre Senior Housing,
- enhance our communication network both among garden members and with the larger community,
- further develop the west end of the garden and creekside viewing areas and nature trail,
- continue to mindfully care for our chickens and enjoy their eggs, and support our local pollinators with plants and water,
- continue to establish best practices as a community garden and learning center and share these with other gardens,
- create an enjoyable garden atmosphere through meaningful work, cooperative planning and potluck socials, and
- continue to build and use the garden library and Little Free Library.The official working year is from mid-March through October. Our 2016 “kick-off” potluck meeting will be Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 11:00AM. We hope that all members can attend. If you have any questions between now and then, please contact Janet Thomas (925-946-0563 or email@example.com) or Sharon Anduri (925-283-4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to another satisfying, productive season at the garden.
Sharon Anduri, Janet Thomas, Georgia Banks, Kathy Bowles,
Susan Dannenfelser, Pamela Halloran, Kim Overaa and Diane Wilt
Your LCG membership committee members
Spread the word to others!